Thursday, September 15, 2011

A RAWlly Good Sweet Tooth Satisfier

On a recent trip down to Maryland to visit my oldest friend, (oldest, as in we've known each other for 42 years, since we were 8), I discovered that she's immersed herself into the organic world in an effort to heal a bunch of sypmtoms that have plagued her for a couple of decades. She fed me 'mock chopped liver' made from lentils and green smoothies with spinach, pea shoots & chlorophyll. The lentil liver was actually not bad on crackers but the green smoothie was a little too extreme on the green for my taste and my delicate digestive system.  I gave the thumbs up, though, to a little sweet snack her teenage daughter had made and they are my latest favorite sweet tooth savior.

Savoy Truffles, (recipe from RAWvolution).
They are healthy, organic & so easy & quick to prepare.  (image coming soon)


Combine these ingredients in a mixing bowl:
2 cups finely ground raw almonds
1/2 cup carob powder
optional - 1/3 tsp sea salt
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
3/4 cup agave nectar
2 tbs olive oil. 
Mix it all together until smooth.  Then take small amounts and roll into small ping-pong balls in the palms of your hands. The recipe says to serve as is but what I like to do is stick them in a plastic bag in the freezer for a little sweet tooth craving quencher at the ready. Defrost for a minute and they are perfect.

Option: I've also made them with ground raw cashews instead of almonds.


(Thank you Michele & Lori Koenick for introducing me to these yummy little babies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment